- This event has passed.
Join us on Friday, 24 February at 2 pm (Indochina/Western Indonesia time) for a special talk: “PUSHED OUT: Forced migration and displacement from and within Myanmar.”
This panel will discuss the situation of forced displacement of Myanmar people, both internally within the country and moving outward to Thailand, Indonesia, and India. Each speaker will help give a localized view from multiple countries along with some of the different historical, political, and social contexts of forced migration.
– Yuyun Wahyuringnum, Indonesia representative on the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights; Senior Advisor on ASEAN and Human Rights.
– Dr. Muhammad Riza Nurdin, affiliated researcher with ICAIOS (International Center for Aceh and Indian Ocean Studies)
– Adisorn Kerdmongkol, research officer for the Migrant Working Group
– Thiri, researcher, fixer and documentary producer from Myanmar.
– Mai Lucy Mawi, Institute of Chin Affairs
The event will be both onsite and online, with many of our speakers joining via zoom. The onsite portion will be held in the Subaltern Meeting Room, basement floor, Faculty of Social Sciences, CMU
To receive the zoom link for the event please register here
There will be Thai-English translation available on zoom ผู้ร่วมงานที่ต้องการการแปลไทย-อังกฤษสามารถฟังผ่าน zoom ได้เลยครับ
This event has been coordinated by RCSD in partnership with the support of IDRC / CRDI with the cooperation of Student Solidarity Indonesia-Myanmar (SINMAR) and Burma Concern Forum.